Some advice on how to keep your bags out of harm’s way:
· As a general rule, if you can’t lift your bag, it’s likely that airline staff won’t be able to either. (And it’s probably overweight.)
· Pack your bag evenly. Dense, heavy objects can cause your bag to shift and create delays at security checks.
· Always use something to identify your bag, like a colourful strap, thought bear in mind that cloths tied to the handle may obscure the baggage label.
· Store any detachable carrying straps in the bag itself before checking in.
· Place a luggage label on once handle of your bag and another inside your bag.
· If your luggage has wheels, be sure to lock them so they don’t move after check-in.
· Check that your travel insurance covers the cost of replacing your bag and its contents in the event that anything happens to it.
· Make a list of your bag’s contents in case you need to place an insurance claim.